Engaging A Clean, Safe, Healthy, Green & Beautiful Environment
- Phase I ~ Education (Earth Day Event) sponsored by Green Living Science which focused on recycling and gardening.
- Phase II ~ GAC events included everything from trash removal at illegal dump sites, mowing fields and playgrounds to boarding up vacant houses.
- Phase III ~ Beautification projects consisting of painting over graffiti, planting flowers and trees.
YOUR GROUP IS INVITED TO JOIN KEEP DETROIT Beautiful
This spring, your group can make a visible difference in Detroit by joining Keep Detroit Beautiful for the Great American Cleanup™! Once again we have partner with the Mayor’s initiative “Motor City Makeover litter, graffiti, unkempt streets, roads, blocks and parks are far more than just unsightly; these are symptoms of uncaring behavior and a wake-up call for citizens who are concerned about their community’s quality of life. Keep Detroit Beautiful needs your help in answering that call!
Established by Keep America Beautiful (KAB), Inc., the nation’s premier litter prevention and education organization, in partnership with state and local affiliates such as ours, the Great American Cleanup™ is our country’s largest annual cleanup, beautification and community improvement program. Each year, millions of volunteers in over 15,000 communities across the country take part in this program. This program provides a high-profile platform for activities that meet specific local needs, including recycling litter cleanups, litter prevention education, recycling drives, graffiti removal, beautification and community improvement projects, park renewals, clothes collection programs, river, lake and seashore cleanups, etc.
This year the KAB expects more than two million volunteers to participate in the Great American Cleanup™ nationwide. Here in Detroit, Keep Detroit Beautiful is seeking 15,000 or more volunteers for our Great American Cleanup™ activities, which will run from April through June and there are several ways in which your group can participate:
- Register with Keep Detroit Beautiful and select a site to clean up, beautify/improve during the designated timeframe.
- Join other volunteer groups for the large-scale cleanup effort being planned during the months of April through June.
- Lead your own clean-up and involve your friends, family, colleagues and/or neighbors to join you.
To register your group in this year’s Keep Detroit Beautiful ~ Great American Cleanup™. Register by April 15th to receive complimentary trash bags, water and program banners for litter cleanups. We look forward to speaking with you about joining this vital effort. Please RSVP at 313.876.0140 or email: KeepDetroitBeautiful@detroitmi.gov. We hope you’ll join us in making Detroit clean and beautiful this spring!
Yes, We (I) want to participate in the activities checked below.